Billet Aluminum electronic distributor for all Studebaker V-8, 1956 to 1964, including Avanti R1 and R2.
A maintenance-free magnetic pickup is responsible for triggering this ignition. This pickup is accurate to within 1° at any rpm so you won’t have to worry about points float or “burbles” at top end speeds. The pickup is triggered by a precision reluctor that is attached to a hardened steel shaft. For increased stability, a sealed ball bearing is used to guide the shaft.
For optimal performance, we include a 45,000 volt coil with the distributor.
- Small cap dimensions: 4 1/8" wide x 4 1/2" tall
- Can be easily converted to mechanical advance
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Supplied with bolt down distributor cap and rotor
- Supplied with three sets of advance springs to "tweak" the advance curve.