Monroe Spectrum Front Shock Absorbers Part #1553786
Late '57 to '66 all models, and '63 to '85 Avanti - Sold by the pair.
OESpectrum® shocks feature the latest original equipment valving technologies specific to each application to provide an unprecedented level of handling precision and control while filtering out noise, vibration and harshness.
- All Weather Fluid: Contains special modifiers to reduce friction and ensure smooth rod reaction.
- Full Displaced Valving: Tuned specifically for each application, this valving automatically adjusts to road extremes to provide consistency and ride
- Fluon Banded Piston: The fluon band provides consistent sealing between the piston and pressure tube which delivers better control and increased durability.
- 1-3/16 inch Bore: Larger bore than most shocks to provide more efficient and consistent control
- Twin Technology: Impact Control Valve (ICV), delivers exceptional control under virtually all driving conditions, and patented Low Speed Tunability (LST) piston design that isolates impact-related noise, vibration and harshness.
- Nitrogen Gas Charged: For improved ride and handling, helps maintain tire to road contact by reducing aeration - on most applications
- 1/2 inch Diameter Piston Rod: Nitrocarburized rod for long service life. On non-dust shield units only.
- Special Seal: 'Self-lubricating' fluid seal designed to retain gas without excessive wear or friction.